Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 1

Day 1: The best book you've read last year.


Since I love Chick Lit and have read a lot of it last year under the pretext of "research", the best book I have read last year will come from this genre. Sorry if you don't think chick lit is worth it....go, find another blog. :P


Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding: Considered to be a pioneer in the genre of chick lit, I think it deserves every bit of praise that has been accorded to it.A story of an ordinary-looking girl, with little general knowledge, a few bad habits, insecurity, an uncanny knack for falling for the pretty bastard and wishing for her Prince Charming to come and sweep her off her feet. Sounds like any of us, no? Helen Fielding started this trend of writing about lives of ordinary single city girls, making them extra-ordinary with her unique flair for humour. :)

I absolutely loved it and was found laughing out loud on several occasions while reading it. :)



* Pictures courtesy Google images.

3 comments:

  1. hey nice to see you do it as well.
    isn't it fun? :)
    and watched the movie a few days back and your review just reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://nimmychacko.tumblr.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Paulami: Thanks to you. ;)

    @ Kyra: I loved the new blog! :D But I can't post comments there. Do I have to sign up on tumblr for that? Or does it not lend itself to commenting? And I loved the doodles too! What fun! :D I want to do as well! :)

    ReplyDelete