Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 4

Favourite Book of your Favourite Series

This is so difficult! I love ALL seven Harry Potter books equally! But if I had to choose one, I'd choose Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Ideally I'd have chosen Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. It's one of the best examples of a written piece I've come across in fiction. But then, Sirius dies at the end of it. So, no go. He was my ABSOLUTE favourite character. :'(

So, why Prisoner of Azkaban? Because it's funny and it's different. Rowling uses a number of awesome narrative devices to bring out the hidden secrets. I loved all the concepts - the unregistered Animagi, the hidden passage to Hogsmead, the time-turning, the Divinity classes and so many more. Admittedly, these devices exist in all the other books as well. But I specifically like this one. Also, this is the only book which has got nothing to do with Voldemort. For once, the world doesn't revolve around him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment