Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh Star, Where art thou gone?

Something is very seriously wrong with me. It's probably called "growingupoplasia". But, I have never in my entire life been so depressed. I have always been a very bubbly and optimistic person, to the extent that sometimes I even give myself a headache. But I think one of the most important reasons behind my happiness and cheerfulness was the security. I knew exactly what I wanted from my life, what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it, everything. Everything was so much easier.

But, last year changed everything. It changed my perspectives, my aspirations, my ambitions, my dreams, everything. And now, I no longer know exactly what I want. I don't know in which direction to move forward. Or even whether to move forward or not. I have even given up on my PhD application. If I am not sure that I want to be in the academics, then there is no point in doing a PhD at all. And even if I do decide later on that I want to do it, I can always do it. But if I jump into it right now, it will be a three year commitment. And I don't want to find out in the middle of this very expensive commitment that it's not exactly my calling. I just don't have enough motivation or inspiration to actually pick up my pen (metaphorically only. I actually mean type it out) and formulate my application.

What I am sure I really want to do is travel. So, I think I am going to appoint that as my new goal. Only, this travelling is a very expensive business. So, I am going to work like a donkey so that I earn enough money to travel. And go, visit Sun in New Zealand. Of course, it will probably take me about 2 years of savings or more if I stay in my current job. It's stupid, shitty job that doesn't even pay me well. I don't know why I don't just quit. It was so much easier to tell people to quit if they are not happy doing something. But, I am so confused about everything in my life that quitting will only make me panic even more. Besides, the mind-numbing job gives my over-alarmed, over-working brain a rest.

And I should not even get started on how much I miss Atom and how much it is painful to actually think of it as a hopeless situation. Bloody unfair life, go screw yourself. I just don't know anything anymore. 

3 comments:

  1. I use to lurk once in a while.. but i had to reply.. because this is is so real... I am not saying the rest of your posts were not or anything !. This feels as if you are talking!

    I use to feel the same for at least 2 years about my job.. crappy , shitty , underpaid and not appreciated.. then again.. Most of us are that way. I met a person who told me.. u need to pick up and leave NOW.. else you would get too confortable sitting on the shitty place that u wont move.. So.. dont let that happen to you.

    ~Curlz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Curlz! It's always a pleasure to meet more readers. :) Very sage advice too, that is. I must take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a similar frame sometime back or maybe am still. Though I have started picking up threads now..
    Lots of things in kitty and yet not picking any one of them.
    Chaos will subside in time and then world will be better again.

    ReplyDelete