I was stuck in a train for about 2 hours because of this yesterday. But what does that say about the inefficiency and the corruption in our country? Time for bullet points (and some introspection).
- It's been ages that the over-head bridge has to be built and it hasn't even started yet.
- Inspite of the level crossing gate, people cross the tracks according to their convenience. Is it only the authorities that are to blame?
- 3 deaths in one morning?!!! Pathetic! And how much of a difference does it make after 2 days for others? Nothing. People forget it as soon as the trains start working again.
- For some reason, we Indians believe mob protests can solve everything. And the sad thing is, more often than not, that's the only thing that can make the officials get into some kind of action.
- Commuters and residents protest. Political parties take advantage of it.
- The Railways blame the government. The government blames the police. The police blames the commuters. The commuters blame the railways. Yes, that's the only way you can get rid of the responsibility you should have shouldered and go back to watching your porn.
Congratulations on being a resident of this city of dreams, Mumbai and this land of diversity and rich cultural heritage, India!! For once, I wish we could stop living in the past and look at the present reality of our city and our country.